Havana Cuba Mobile phone network coverage is much better than it was several years ago. However, some areas of Havana may offer limited coverage but overall it’s good. Unless you use a US mobile operator it’s more than likely that you will be able to use roaming in Havana but this can be expensive. Staying connected in Cuba at a better rate will mean obtaining a Cuba SIM Card throughout your stay. Using cell phones in Cuba and Havana is then much like anywhere else in the world where you can purchase Cubacel prepaid SIM card and use this anywhere in Cuba. You can purchase these prepaid Cuba SIM cards at the offices below and also recharge the phone with credit at these locations. Also, many hotels and stores in Havana offer prepaid recharge cards should you need to do this on the go. If you have a credit card there are often Cubacel double recharge offers but to obtain these you will need to go on the internet as they are never available directly at Cubacel Offices in Havana Cuba.
GPRS, Mobile Internet & 3G connections can also be used in Havana Cuba. Cuba offers mobile internet to cell phone users with almost 100% national coverage but, this is more expensive than you are accustomed to and the network can be slower in Havana Cuba than other countries.
If you decide to take your own mobile phone to Havana Cuba, please be aware that it will need to be unlocked and operate on the 900 to 1800 MHz GSM frequency. Almost all mobile phones produced since 2005 are quad band and as such will work but, please check your owner manual to avoid disappointment.
Cubacel Havana Main Office
Águila #565 esq. a Dragones, Centro Habana, Ciudad de La Habana.
Havana Cubacel Cell phone Recharge & Mobile Centers
- Airport José Martí (Terminal II) José Martí Airport Havana From Monday to Sunday 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- Airport José Martí (Terminal III) José Martí Airport Havana From Monday to Sunday 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- FOCSA Edificio FOCSA, Vedado From Monday to Sunday 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- Miramar Trade Center (prepagos) Edificio Barcelona Bajos, Calle 5ta y 76, Miramar From Monday to Sunday 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- Oficina Comercial Prepago (La Copa) Calle 42 e/ 1ra y 3ra, La Copa, Playa From Monday to Saturday Alternate weekends 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Telepunto de ETECSA (Obispo) Obispo e/ Habana y Compostela, Habana Vieja From Monday to Sunday 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- Vedado 17 y A, Vedado From Monday to Sunday 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- Villa Panamericana Calle 5ta C entre 76 y 78, Edificio 40 A Bajos From Monday to Saturday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Zona Franca Mariel Offices, Desamparados No 166, Old Havana From Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM a 5:00 PM, Fridays 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM